Saturday, July 07, 2007

Purple and red







A dianthus I think, Cottinus with its smokey flowers, A verbena Bonarensis held my me becuase the wind was blowing it around too much to photograph it.And lastly some kind of purple leaved sage which smelled lovely when you stroke the leaves.
Six posts and all we had walked was two hundred yards! The gardens are stocked with lots of plants, so you can stop every yard to examine a new type.I will post more later from the other areas a selection of photos and words.The joys of two days off before a week of nights :)



2 comments:

Mountain Mama said...

I believe the first flower in this post is Rose Campion. I have loads of it growing i my gardens. It re-seeds incredibly well. The second picture looks like a smoke tree or bush.

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks mountain momma,I will look up the rose campion.The second picture is a smoke bush :)