Friday, September 19, 2008

Strawberry Flower


A Strawberry flower from the plot yesterday. All the plants need diggin up and moving into the as yet undug Strawberry bed.I need to move the black tarpaulin and clear the rubbish off it.
I had some Strawberrys this year, but hopefully the second year plants will be much more productive.
I have a planter full of about fourteen plants, plus ten plants propogated from the runners from this years plants.
I did not think Strawbery plants would flower in September.
It is quite ornate the flower, with the glowing centre of green and yellow.
Roll on next July for Strawberrys and cream.

3 comments:

Shibaguyz said...

We too have blooms and plants still bearing fruit here. Sounds like you have some everbearing varieties like ours.

Sue Swift said...

Strawberry flowers in September - wow! will they come to anything though? Maybe if you bring thjem indoors -?

David (Snappy) said...

Hi Shibaguyz, I will try to see your blog again.Victory garden community sounds good.I do not know whether these flowers will bear fruit before the frosts come.I think the plants I have are Elsanta, but I never knew you could pick Strawberrys in September.
Hi Sue, thanks for the comment,They are at the allotment on the courgette bed edge.I will wait and see if they bare fruit in Sept.