Sunday, September 21, 2008

Music For A Rose


A sunday morning post with a You Tube video embedded below this lovely Rose.
The Rose is the climber Iceberg, and is a beautiful pink blush colour at the moment.The plant is healthy with green leaves and no blackspot. This is the healthiest Rose in the garden by a mile...
Now from my lateral thinking Iceberg makes me think of the Titanic. The two are linked in my mind after seeing "A Night To Remember" and of course "Titanic".
An unanswered question was what music did the band play just before the Titanic sank?
Even Snopes could not confirm it, as all the band members perished in the North Atlantic.
http://www.snopes.com/history/titanic/lastsong.asp
I like to think they performed the hymn "Nearer My God To Thee" so thats the lateral thinking music video im posting with the Rose. Enjoy your Sunday wherever you are and hope you enjoy the orchestral music as much as I do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi baby. Having 5 minutes to look at you blog as I haven't seen it for a while. God knows when I'll get the chace again. You will be tucked up in bed now and having sweet dreams - i hope lol. I see what you mean about the off duty baby, when we will be able to see each other again is a mystery. I know we'll definately see each other on the 4th October lol. Well I suppose I ought to get back to looking after the patients lol. It's not too bad tonight as there are no beds in the hospital. See you sometime in the future baby.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful rose picture. I'd heard of climbing Iceberg, but never seen it before. From what I understand, Icebergs hold up to just about anything. Maybe now I have some sun for it, it's time for me to get one.

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks CAt for checking out the blog...
Hi Pomona, the Iceberg has been problem free with very little disease or pests.It has grown five foot this year up the trellis, and has flowered reasonably for a first year plant.
I hope next year will be evn more spectacular too.