Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Old And New

Old and new is the theme of todays post.The flower is the second flush of the Butterfly flowers or Poor Mans Orchids.They looked spindly and collapsed so I moved the pot to the back of the garden.They have revived and are blooming with the white and the lilac coloured flowers.The plants nearly ended up in the compost bin.I thought I would share the old flower blooming again.I want to buy some more varieties of this next year.It has been a really good flower grown from match book seeds.


The new is that Gardeners World had Toby Buckland on it last night as the new presenter of the long running BBC gardening program.He follows such legends as Geoff Hamilton, Alan Titchmarsh, and of course Monty Don.I watched on the BBC i player the episode from last friday.
He seems quite amiable, with a lot of passion, and a keenness to get back to basics showing summer dead heading, and cutting grass around a tree and making a straight edge of a border.
The You Tube video is the current theme music, that reminds me of Friday nights, and a program to get you back into the garden. After seeing them at Berryfields I ventured back into my garden.
We'll see if Toby Buckland can become a legend like the famous gardeners before him.The lead presenter is as much a part of British gardening, as allotments, vegetable growing, rain throughout the summer, slugs, snails, and flower shows like Chelsea and Tatton Park.
The music is very atmospheric for flowers and bee's, the noise and colour of an English garden.

No comments: