Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Persian Jewel Revived

This is the Cyclamen today with its flowers now standing tall. This is my Fifth Post today with some real blogger gremlins preventing the photos showing. Im reblogging this one to show its revivial. I wander if you can get cyclamen in white too? I love the Variegated leaves which are heart shaped with serrated edges.
At Cats I saw a larger than life fake Cyclamen. It never needs watering, and will never die. I prefer the real life version with all the problems that plants can get.
It is a real life Persian jewel.

5 comments:

Priscilla George said...

I'm glad to see your cyclamen up and perky! There are white cyclamen but I believe they are harder to find and most likely more pricey because of that. Cyclamen White Cloud is pure white. You can get white cyclamen if you buy mixes but that's if you don't mind getting more pinks.

OldRoses said...

Snappy, I had the same problem with Blogger not allowing my to upload photos. Their solution is to change your book mark to http://www.blogspot.com. The old address lacked the www part. It's all part of their beta rollout. They announced Beta, but they neglected to mention the change of address.

OldRoses said...

Oops1 Sorry, that's http://www.blogger.com instead of the old http://blogger.com. Not blogspot.com as I said in my first comment. My bad.

clairesgarden said...

I had some white cyclamen, not sure if they'll come up again as I pu them in the garden and left them to their own devices.

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks VanillaLotus,I will keep looking for White flowered Cyclamen.They have impressed me with the leaves and the reflexive flowers.Most times I see them as house plants languishing in white ceramic pots on sideboards!I will try to find a mixture and see what grows.
Thanks Oldroses for your comment and Recomment,I was very frustrated yesterday as no pictures uploaded, and then after I used Picassa they were not visible and the link was broken.At PM I finally got the Orchid photo to upload successfully.Technology freaks me out sometimes!
Claire you will have to look to see if they have come back or not.I think they would look good as a carpet effect under a shady tree.Masses of plants!Thanks for your coment.