Monday, October 08, 2007

Late Monday Musing



I am back in the land of the living after falling asleep for twelve hours Zzzzz.

The Flower is a Streptocarpus Happy Snappy. My plants have grown on well, or keeled over on my week of nights.

I need to prepare for moving,if the estate agents ring up. It was wet and cold this morning

not good gardening weather,as the soil is waterlogged and sticks to your tools.

This week I will photograph Pats Garden, and Help Fran plant her 140 Spring bulbs.I want some Hyacinth Bulbs to force indoors so I can smell them over xmas.

I finally read the First unit of the RHS course. will sit down and try to send off the questions for that. might just answer them as I best can and post it. hope the units get easier. it might be my academic lay off, six years has made my studying rusty.

Just need to blow the cobwebs and dust off. I enjoyed the more in depth knowledge of Seeds, and Taking Cuttings. Ideally I want some real life plants to propagate so the Academic knowledge is applied in real Horticultural practise. I must look for some placement somewhere like a Nursery to see these techniques in use..

A house with no DAMP will be more conducive to growing plants and seeds. Fungal infections have wiped out a lot of my plants. I guess Cleanliness is next to Godliness when you want to grow beautiful disease free plants that are not stressed!

I need to take some more photos this week, for the Blog mainly. David Austin Rose's have extended their judging until the end of October. I guess the Popularity meant they have been swamped with photos of their roses. If they don't Pick any of my entry's I will blog the photos I sent off to them. Fifteen Rose Pictures!

I can catch up on the Gardening Blogosphere, and see whats been growing and what people are writing about. I love the creativity of people, and the shared passion between gardeners of all ages, sexes, and nationality.

I am Happy the week of Nights are over. Now the Snappy gardener is Happy :)

3 comments:

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Hi snappy,

I stopped in to say hello and see what you were up to. Oh drat, I forgot about the David Austin contest I have been growing and shooting a lot of roses.

David (Snappy) said...

Hi Chris,thanks for dropping by :)
I remember seeing a lot of rose pictures on your digital flower pics blog. You loved the David Austin roses too.Im keeping my fingers crossed.My start up screen is a newly opened Lady Emma Hamilton Peach Rose..love the roses.

David (Snappy) said...

Hi Chris,thanks for dropping by :)
I remember seeing a lot of rose pictures on your digital flower pics blog. You loved the David Austin roses too.Im keeping my fingers crossed.My start up screen is a newly opened Lady Emma Hamilton Peach Rose..love the roses.