Thursday, April 14, 2011

Harrogate Spring Flower Show 2011




Its the fourteenth of April today, the first day of the NEHS Spring Flower Show at the Yorkshire showground in Harrogate.


It is the one hundredth anniversary of the North England Horticultural Society.


The show this year has show gardens influenced by Prince Charles garden at Highgrove.


There will be cookery theatres, gardening with nature to encourage wildlife, Nursery displays reflecting the theme 100 years old in the Floral halls, Kitchen Garden theatre, Floral Art,Cookery theatre, Floral Art, a Photography competition, food marquee, and lots of Crafts, gifts, and sundries stalls along the avenues. I look forward to seeing the Bourbon City Jazz players near the entrance playing like its Mardi Gras!


I hope it will stay dry for most of the day. I look forward to the Spring flower show to clear the dust off my camera. It is an explosion of colours and sights, to invigorate the soul after a long hard winter.


It is garden inspiration to get you back into your own garden. I'm sure I will come back with some plants.

No comments: