Thursday, June 18, 2009

Strawberries And Cream


The first bowl of Strawberries from the gardens grow bag. They were smaller than the shop bought ones, but the taste was so much sweeter.
I have a new allotment now, but need to go up and see what I have been given. There are Courgettes, Squash, and Pumpkin plants here that need planting in the ground!
We need to visit the old allotment to reclaim the tools (which will be rusting or be overgrown in grass), and take the Strawberries and Rhubarb.
Everything else will be left for Angie....
It has been a strange weather day with sunshine but heavy showers too. The garden is looking lovely, with lots of flowers. More flowers are growing on too, yet to bloom.
These Strawberries were ready four days before Wimbledon. Thats how I time the start of the British Strawberry season..
We had them with single cream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ad my first strawberries yeserday too.... If you want put your pumpkins etc on my plot as I dont think you'll be able to use yours until it has been cleared abit