Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Autumn Muses


The tree's are still green really, so im waiting for the leaves to turn the colour on.
I worked early, took Sallyanne to the Doctors for a bloodtest, power napped for two hours, then got up.
I answered all the comments.I changed settings so Anonynous users can post comments (people who use type pad blogs etc) as
well as blogger users.
I collected the final seeds from the monarda for their air trip to Ireland. My fraggle flowers are going places. I hope they grow well in the Emerald Isle...
I am working two more days, then its violin lesson, cake making for Jess's first birthday party on Saturday. Gardening all day on Sunday!
I have brought the little shop of horrors plant inside so i can monitor its growth.I moved all the Strawberry plants outside to clear the kitchen.
The largest tomato on the indoor plants has changed colour from green to a pale orange. The light was too poor for a photo though, tomorrow!!
My first ever tomato..as UK Bob said sometimes you just got to try things. like growing tomatos from the pips on one you have bought.
Im quite happy at the thought of trying to grow more next year...
The garden still has flashes of colour with late flowering roses, nasturtiums, lavender, some carnations, and the volunteer violas that i have left.Need some winter pansys and primroses.I saw the cutest primrose like a cowslip on the way to work...
More posts tomorrow if im energetic.hope all your gardens are growing well...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice rose David. Do you have the name for this one?

Way to go with the tomato seeds. UK Bob was obviously right on the money!

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Thankies Snappy for getting me some Fraggle seeds! *happy*
I'm rooting several honeysuckle cuttings, will be a while before they get thier roots. I might try just putting some in soil, that always works better.
Few herbs are also waiting patiently for roots.

pmo3ws(Kathy) said...

Hi Snappy, Good luck with those tomatoes. Our trees here in Illinois are turning and falling. It's beautiful! I'll have to take some pics this weekend. It's cold this morning as I write this. I hope it warms up some. I'm sure NOT ready for winter yet!

Bob said...

Ha ha - I had to laugh when I read about you moving plants indoor and others outdoors, it's not a greenhouse you want snappy, you already have one by the sound of it, it's a house you need!! I might follow your lead next year and grow a tomato from a shop bought tomato just to see what happens.

OldRoses said...

I hope Sallyanne is alright.

David (Snappy) said...

Stuart,I just know it as Orange tea rose.I have had it for three years now.It was one of my original plants when i first developed the garden.It did not have a name i think...
Salix tre, the seeds are in the post now.A nursing minute is sometimes longer than a normal one,Thanks for your patience!!
Pmo3WS Im not ready for winter yet either.I want some nice Autumn memories to record in the blog.I will check your blog for pictures of the Fall...
Thanks UK Bob I laughed when i read your comment.The inside-outside is very true.Busy lizzies and cactus in the bedroom, tomato plants on the stairs windowsill, lots in the kitchen windowsill, and a few plants outside.I am debating what to do with my strawberry plants.To keep them in pots or plant them in the ground??
Oldroses, thanks for the worrying.She is better now with her bloodcount being back to normal.Sallyanne does not like going out on her own.Thats why I went down with her!