Monday, March 19, 2012

Hyacinth Suprise Blooms


I finished my four nights and can relax now for a few days.I found this Hyacinth growing under the conservatory window in the sunken border.It was one of three from an indoor pot.I planted the bulbs into the soil.I love the candy stick smell of the Hyacinths.This has survived all the building work and has flowered secretly.
They are a Spring flower that you either love or hate.I enjoy their scent,and if you have lots you can perfume the air like Arabian nights.
The cabbage seeds have started to germinate in the Greenhouse.My Grape vines buds are swelling nicely as the sap begins to rise in the warmer March days.The fruit trees buds are also starting to open now.
There are lots of Tulips with big fat flower buds that are not open yet.They will bring Spring colour explosions.Each day brings something else that has grown a bit more.Walking around the garden daily shows more Spring growth.

2 comments:

Mark and Gaz said...

I love the smell of hyacinths, especially when you walk into a shop or garden centre at this time of year and they have dozens by the doors!

The colours can be a bit bright, but yours is a nice soft tone.

kalathaki said...

very good article !!!