Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Transformation




The photos show how I cut the brambles down, dug the weed roots up, and cleared the grass and mosses. There was so much to clear it was hard to find. Once upon a time a gardener lived here as there were borders on either side of the garden. A few years of neglect had them overrun by weeds and brambles.
How much quicker is it to show photos then to do it! The top photo shows the white tiles I took from the cellar to keep the soil in the border instead of blowing over the stone slabs.

2 comments:

lisa said...

That's really coming along! I can't wait to see summer pictures, once all your nice "houseplants" are set free! (The ones that usually grow outdoors, that is.)

David (Snappy) said...

Hi Lisa, I will have to see which houseplants will be set free once the ground warms up in the Spring.Its great to be part of the seasons now, and watching the weather.
The garden connects me back to that cycle of life!