Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Suprise Visitor

It was a long dark cold night, and who did I spy yesterday making his home amongst the Amazon Boxes with my temporary compost heap?
A wee Cowrin' timerous beastie as Robbie Burns used to lyrically say.The best laid plans of mice and men oft go a gangly...
This dormouse was quick and photogenic only for five minutes.Afterwards he kept sprinting under the fence then returning to the amazon boxes.Behind the tall trees that blow in the wind jurassic park style they are building.Maybe this wee mousie was made homeless.I cant move my compost storing boxes yet.Not untill the spring!
I hope when you enlarge the photo you can see the wee sleekit mousie!

4 comments:

OldRoses said...

How cute! How did you get that shot without scaring him away?

David (Snappy) said...

I was stood about six foot away from the mouse.He ran back and fourth, but for the photo was just sat cleaning himself.I have not seen him since though.They are rarely seen bu humans as they are nocturnal.He's almost a webstar now!

lisa said...

Cute mousie! I wish there were better non-lethal ways to convince them to stay out of my garage, but I usually see them only when they're stumbling drunk from poison. :(

David (Snappy) said...

Lisa, They are not very welcome house guests anywhere mice.The bitter cold has probably made my nocturnal visitor go to ground as i have not seen him since.He cant even dig the bulbs up because the soil is frozen solid!