Saturday, September 22, 2007

Pink Flowers



Saturday morning.After a few tired days I am blogging again. These beautiful pink flowers were being sold at the Autumn flower show.

I cant remember the name. Schizosanthus or something like that?

the Pink flowers were growing at the end of three foot strap like leaves. They are very peruvian lilly like in the flowers.

I am looking for a new house in earnest now.The contract here is running out.I have so many garden ideas to try out, new plants to try and grow.

My inspiration has come from trips to Harlow Carr, to Tatton Park, and to the Flower show. Other peoples gardens, and gardening blogs also keep me inspired.

My newest collection of plant is Streptocarpus.I have five types now with three in Flower, and the other two have flower buds growing on pendulous stems.

Streptocarpus Nerys, Ruby, Happy Snappy, Black Panther, and the Unknown one.I will post some photos this weekend. I am also trying to grow leaf cuttings from the New Streptocarpus Ruby....

5 comments:

Bob said...

Snappy, they are Schizostylis. It's a great perennial. They are very popular here in the in my area. The only draw back is that they are only hardy to about 18F. So they are not that good in cold winter areas. Hope this helps. Good luck on finding the new place.

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks Bob! I smiled when I read the email saying you had left the comment. Schizostylis..thats what Hils bought before.I knew from the name tag at the show, but memory is fickle, especially with plant names...
They wont do well in Yorkshire outside then if they dont like a bit of cold.I hope to have a new garden soon....

KC MO Garden Guy said...

Snappy, Bob is a very knowledgable gardener. I enjoy his blog even though he is in a warmer zone and we tend to have some of the same plants. It is intersting how that works.

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks KC Mo Guy, Its good when people who are knowledgeable and give advice through the blogosphere.Some plants must be adaptable to the variety of temperatures and climate between your Zones.

Anonymous said...

They do awfully look like lilies