Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Garden Gifts




Once people know you have green fingers you become easier to buy for. I got a book from Fran last night called The Gardeners.
Shirley de Boulay went around the country speaking to famous gardeners about what their own gardens were like at their homes. Roy Lancaster, Alan Titchmarsh, and Percy Thrower are some of the people she interviewed and took photos.

The second garden gift was from the secret santa at xmas.It was from whoever pulled my name from the hat.A cute little gardening set with little trowel and fork.They must have known I was moving into a flat with no garden, but many plants and seed trays.

Do any of you have fav garden gifts that you have been given by friends, family, or strangers?Post a pic or tell me your best ones!

6 comments:

KC MO Garden Guy said...

Our families and friends don't do gifts much anymore. With friends we go out to eat a lot. My family will usally give me their sick plants and went me to make them better, but I wouldn't call that a gift. The last gardening gift came from my better half two chistmases ago and it was a real nice pair of rose sheers and leather gloves. They have had a good work out since. The gloves didn't last a complete season and the sheers need to be sharpened.

lisa said...

This past Christmas, my friend Jenny gave me a little planter that's an old pickup truck which has a solar panel so the headlights come on at night! No pics yet, but I will absolutely take some when I get it planted!

Gotta Garden said...

It's the thought, right?! You have thoughtful people in your life! I'm probably with kc mo garden guy in that we don't do gifts too much...

My sister did give me a garden book that I enjoyed and my DH once gave me a gift certificate to an online nursery...those were very nice!

Lisa, that sounds very neat!

David (Snappy) said...

KCMO guy Rose shears sounds nice.Its the thought that counts, and if the though is garden related even better!Get them sharpened.I hope you have some roses in your garden to photograph this year.I love roses...
Lisa that sounds awesome, cant wait for photograph during the day and night.You have thoughtful friends!!
Gotta Garden what was the garden book?An online nursery gift certificate sounds good to.You can then choose whatever you desire.

Philosophical Karen said...

Hi Snappy, I'm getting back into garden blogging again. I couldn't do too much for the winter months.

My mother and I have been giving each other garden gifts for a while. She actually got into gardening after me, but we've both got it "in the blood" so to speak. She gave me a gift certificate to a local nursery, and I can't wait for good weather so I can make use of it. For her, I planted some daffodil bulbs in her garden last autumn, and we are waiting for them to bloom this spring.

David (Snappy) said...

Hi Karen,Its very good to have gardening in the blood.You are kindred spirits now, and the reciprocal gifts is cool.How did her Daffs fair this spring?What did you buy from thh nursery?