Monday, January 19, 2009

Spring Plans


The cold weather does not seemed to have slowed down the slugs in the garden. They have been feasting on the colourful Polyanthus flowers.
In a almost bare garden these splashes of colour are a welcome relief from the wind and rain. It even snowed a bit but it was too wet for it to lie.
I will go shopping tomorrow for some vegetable seeds and the seed potatoes for the allotment. It is that time of the year when the new stock comes out in the cheap shops (like Wilkos) and the garden sections of the DIY stores (like B and Q).
I have Cabbages and Parsnips planted. Hil's gave me some Onion sets ready for the late March planting. I want some Leek seeds, Carrot Seeds, Squash seeds, and Purple Broccoli seed...
I need to plan the summer Plants I want to grow from seed. I am saving newspaper to make seedling pots from newspaper. There are fifteen pots made so far.
Hopefully one of the Hellebores will flower soon.The bulbs are growing slowly in the wet ground. My camera batterys have been recharged ready for some new photos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so envious that you're already planting in the ground! I have two feet of snow and three more months of below freezing temps until spring gets here - sigh...

David (Snappy) said...

Hi Blue Fox, cool name!I saw how much snow is sat on top of your garden.It will be Spring soon enough though.You will have to read seed catalogues and plan for when the snow has melted away.