Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blooming Beauties

I'm on holiday now from work. I spent three nights working and ended up poorly by the end of them. I am feeling a little better now. Because of that I have delayed my Tatton Park blog post. I want to show my two Streptocarpus Beautys that are flowering in the kitchen now.
The freezing winter earlier this year (it seems a long time ago now) killed off all my Streptocarpus in the greenhouse. The only Survivor was this Streptocarpus Charlotte. The plants sit on a shoe rack away from the bright sunlight that floods through the window.

This is Streptocarpus Hannah. I acquired the plant from the plant stall at Walton. She has light pink flowers with a yellow and red striped throat.
I bought a famous Streptocarpus plant back from Tatton park last wednesday. It was the Streptocarpus Blue Harlequin, winner of best new plant 2010 at the recent RHS Chelsea flower show. It has blue and white colours on the same flower. Blue on top, white underneath..
We are going away on Friday for a week so there will be a few more posts before Snappys summer holiday. We are going to the Forest Of Dean camping and activity doing...

No comments: