Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Charming Visitors

This is one of the first of the Monet Sunflowers to bloom.It is growing in the pot by the backdoor.Cats mum brought back some Sunflower seeds from the garden at Giverny in France.I sowed them this year then planted them out around the garden.They have a golden colour to the petals,not like the large Sunflowers that are growing at the allotment. After I finished a night shift I like to watch the birds as I check my emails.I love the colourful Goldfinches.They love the sunflower hearts that are in the hexagonal feeder.They have such pretty songs and are quite gregarious.A group of them is called a charm of Goldfinches.I think they are charming garden visitors.
Two more nights to work before I can do some more gardening and get to the allotment.

No comments: