Thursday, September 16, 2010

Star Wars (Fuschia)


This is Fuschia Star Wars which we bought from Tatton Park RHS show. It was taken yesterday under a rare sky with the sun shining.I love the purple of the corolla and the pink stamen, with the white petals.
Original names must help sell plants and make people want to buy them. Fuschias and Roses are extremely well marketed in that way.
Cat helped me today cut the grass in the front and back garden. It was so long the grass that it was resistant to strimming and mowing!
The garden looks much tidier now and the edges look neater. The sun was shining intermittantly between rain showers.
I hope to buy some plants and bulbs at the Autumn flower show on Sunday. This has been a pleasant week off so far.

1 comment:

Single Gal said...

I like this flower.

I don't think I have ever seen it before. Thank you.