Saturday, August 01, 2009

Sunflower Saturday


This is the Sunflower Moulin Rouge yesterday nearly in flower.I sowed some seeds for the Walton Plant Stall and brought three home with me. They are half the size of the Giant Sunflowers that are growing tall in the garden.
They have beautiful flowers, and afterwards the birds get to eat all the Sunflower seeds. I found another two rogue Sunflowers growing near where the Bird feeders are.
I love the dark brooding colours of this Sunflower. It keeps on raining outside. There was only brief sunshine.
Apparently Staycation is a new word for people who stay at home whilst they have holiday from work. We have planned a few day trips out to local attractions like the RSPB reserve at Fairburn Ings, the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, and the gardens at Nostell Priory..
Sunflowers are always cheery, what ever the weather is like. I'll photograph the open flower today for blogging. Its the first of August.

No comments: