Friday, January 04, 2008

Blackbird and the snow

Hey said the Blackbird Whats this white stuff falling down around me? His black feathers and Orange beak contrast nicely to the wind swept snow falling downwards.
Its not the clearest photo but he was at the end of the garden on the fence!
I love watching the birds,I guess its a novelty having a garden, and some feathered garden spirits to watch. The only flowers are the Viburnum, the Primulas, and the Heathers and they have been all photographed.
I will go out in the morning with a blank memory card to photograph the plants that are growing without flowers...
The Spring bulbs will bring an explosion of colours in the Wet January Soil. I hope to photograph the Hellebore Nigers soon too.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi there, David :-)

Just found you with a brief browsing of garden blogs in the UK. Great to see another blog with interest in plants and visiting garden birds. I see you also enjoy wildlife too :-D

I have a covering of snow in my garden today too and bird footprints all over the ground. It is a very busy day for the bird feeders. I should try to get out with my camera today too.

I will be back to browse further - you have a wealth of posts. Wishing you all the best for 2008 :-D

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks Shirl, there certainly is a lot of posts.Im glad you found your way to Snappys garden.I will look forward to your bird photos!