Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday night


Its sunday evening now. I worked my early shift too, then came home and fell asleep. Ooops.I answered the comment and am drinking coffee now.
My plum wine is fermenting nicely. The first night it exploded out of the demijohn. A mass of seething, moving foam ran up and out. I had to divide it untill it settled down. It is a cloudy liquid now, but needs straining in a few days.
The dandelion wine is in a cupboard, finishing off now. It is cloudy, but has five months to clear. The wine making from flowers or fruit is a slow process...need patience much like gardening and growing flowers from seeds.
I got a lot of comments about the chocolate scented candle, thanks!! I love the sweet smell of it.Makes me want a bar of chocolate..
The garden needs a lot of work still. I have four days of work before i can get to it. A whole day in the garden sounds like bliss.
The tomato plants are growing madly now. They have a half dozen large green tomato's on them and more forming. As an experiment with a store bought tomato they have grown into two foot high plants. I just wanted to see if i could get the seeds to germinate.
I read a very complicated way of getting seeds to dry, involving soaking, fermenting, washing, and drying. Very labour intensive.. I grew mine in a simpler way than that.
I'm slowly putting my links to blogs back together. Will be posting loads again soon,Good night world!!

5 comments:

Tea said...

Love the candle picture and wow...all those different wines sound interesting!

tea
xo

Anita said...

Oh, your marigold makes me smile. It's a very nice photos. Yesterday, I discovered one single marigold between my herbs, it looks like yours. I do not know how it got there but it made me smile.... And you know, it's always good to start the day with a smile. Thanks!

Stuart said...

The wines sound great David. Where do you get your recipes from and what equipment are you using?

I've just started brewing my own beer and a friend gave me some kaffir lime leaves to try so I need to source a good beer recipe to incorporate them into.

MariaJ said...

Yes, your Marigold looks very beautiful. Do you have a new camera?
That wine processing is complicated but maybe the taste is worth of it? You have to tell us when its ready and we'll all fly to you!

David (Snappy) said...

T&M its my first year so they are experimental!!
Anita, the french marigold always make me smile.They are very bright, this was on the single self seeded one.I deadheaded too much.The seedheads are the dried flower heads..
Stuart, the recipes are from the internet.The only equipment i have is a demijohn, and airlock bung.I have a half gallon cider flagon, and have used pans and plastic containers.You seem quite scientific so i bet you buying all the chemicals, the gravity reading device.I have to wait for mine to ferment, then try it myself..
I dont know Maria if the wine making is worth it yet.I usually do not drink alcohol so maybe i will give it away!!