Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Mystery plant photo shots


Here is a collection of mon lam shots.I hope somebody can identify the mystery plant, grown from seeds from Thompson and morgan.The seed packet simply said " MON LAM" hence me calling it that in all my posts.
The flowers are purple with foxglove type tops, the speckled purple spots.The leaves smell fragrant reminiscent of sage.
Ahh it drives you mad not knowing a plant name.Unknown plant again.I have a few of those in my garden, ha ha.

























This is good posting photo's and words.The laptop has been offline for two days with some technical gremlins.I hope that it keeps working..
This pic is like a pink crab claw i think, or a finger shadow puppet?!




















Can see the purple speckled flower tops, foxgloveish
















My wedding cake image again...

8 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

As soon as you showed pictures of the flower buds appearing, I thought immediately of my ornamental sage plants. Now that I have seen the flowers I can say that it is probably a type of sage (not necessarily the edible kind, though it may have medicinal properties). It is a very pretty colour.

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks Karen,will just call it sage.The flowers are very pretty, need to see if the bee's find it attractive.

OldRoses said...

"Mon" says monarda to me. Why don't you contact the seed company and ask for more info?

David (Snappy) said...

i will thanks oldroses send them an email..

Kerri said...

It almost looks the the mystery flower I posted about, which turned out to be Collinsia (Chinese Houses). It has the flowers grouped on the stem just like this, and the color is the same. Maybe you could check it out.

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks Kerri, will try to follow it up...

Unknown said...

I GOT IT! Well, I'm halfway there anyway. The "Mon" says that it's some kind of Monarda... because it looks like it could be a wild bergamot or a dotted mint. Does that help?

David (Snappy) said...

Blackswamp girl I could kiss you...see the post Eureka....
Thanks Kerri, i did investigate Colinsia flowers through google.