Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tuesday musing

I took a lot of photos today.Walked around looking for interesting things to shoot.The first ripe blackberry (the others i have seen ripened weeks ago, my hedge bramble is lagging behind them).I found a recipe for blackberry wine, but alas i will have a few ounces only not the needed four pounds!!
The seed grown busy lizzies have their first flower.A beauty in pink, like a watercolour painting with wet paint running on wet for all you artists out there.
The Erysimum has flowered for a second time after looking quite tatty and slug/snail ravaged.
It was a rainy, thundery day so i did not linger long outside.The wind made it quite chilly to be outside in a tshirt.
My summer seeds are still dormant beneath the soil..I collected some evening primrose seed pods today.They will join the others.I got some pansy seeds from work to grow on to make nice plants before returning them.When to plant them?Should i wait untill January time??
The tomato plants and Dahlia blew over in the stormy conditions overnight.I uprighted them and put some heavy stones on trying to keep them upright.
I have some seeds left to plant, borders to tidy, and compost to seperate...Two days off left before night duty.
I need some sleep and rest before i will go out into the garden tomorrow...

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Such lovely cat, flower and bee pictures! You've been busy with the camera! Your kitties are lovely. They look very cozy on that windowsill.
You can plant the pansy seeds in the fall. I think just about any seeds from flowers that seed themselves can be planted in the fall. That way they have a head start in the spring.

Bob said...

If you think you can keep the pansy seed okay over winter then you could sow them late winter to flower srping/summer. If it was me I probably couldn't wait that long and would want to be sowing them now and if they make good plants before the winter sets in you could plant them out or if not keep them in a sheltered place and then you would have good plants for spring flowering.

Bob said...

If you think you can keep the pansy seed okay over winter then you could sow them late winter to flower srping/summer. If it was me I probably couldn't wait that long and would want to be sowing them now and if they make good plants before the winter sets in you could plant them out or if not keep them in a cold frame of cold greenhouse if you have one if not then a sheltered place will do and then you would have good plants for spring flowering.

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks Kerri.They looked so sweet asleep together.One of my fav pics is them both asleep in a chinsese takeaway box.Could not believe it with both cats wedged in it.They kept each other warm today though with fur coats standing up.I will plant the seeds..
UKBob thanks for advising me about the pansy seeds.I love your new blog.Hope you gain pleasure and enjoyment from it!I will link you if you like..