Tuesday, May 29, 2007

New Arrivals






I went looking for Peruvian Lillies on Sunday, but came back with two new plants.


One is the blue flowered balloon plant, the other is an upright Geranium called Vancouver Centennial I think.




They were to give me some colour whilst I wait for my other plants to catch up.



The balloon flower, when there is a flower bud in colour I will photograph it. This plant had one flower, and one blue bud which opened to this.
It has a white crown to start with but they have opened up now..





The Scarlet coloured Geranium flower.They took a battering coming back to the flat in the carrier bag.
Makes me think of Gone with the wind..

4 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

Oh, I'm glad you mentioned the name of that geranium. It's one of the ones I have that was just labelled as a "brocade-leaf geranium". Now at least I know the name of one of them. T

hose look like some great choices for colour in your window. And I see your new camera is capable of some great things. That last photo of the geranium flower is an excellent close up shot.

Unknown said...

I love that, Snappy... I'm going to think of Ms. O'Hara everytime I see the scarlet geranium now! *grin*

Kerri said...

I'm happy to know the name of that geranium too because I have it (wintered over from last year). I too will think of Scarlet O'Hara now whenever I look at it :)
The red flower close-up is a beauty!
I love your lilies too.

Anonymous said...

WOW, your photos are GREAT!