Monday, May 28, 2007

Morning Suprise

When I woke up this morning I thought the pink lilly had flowered, its only when I got up I realised there were two different coloured flowers on it.
The pink pot had a label that said Asiatic Lilly Pink..I have pink and orange.There are four plants in the pot i have worked out.The stems are growing from a bulb each.
Two of the stems have pink buds swelling now, the tallest one has orange buds.I thought that they were going to change colour to pink!!
Doh, Now I know its because there are two different types of Asiatic lilly.The fourth stem has buds but no colouration yet.Orange or pink?

3 comments:

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

I do like the orange one a lot, looks very exotic

lisa said...

Wow, I can't believe the stuff you can grow in the house! They look great!

David (Snappy) said...

The Orange one grew on me, its not my fav colour.I saw some orange ones in homebase but never bought them.It is very exotic looking.I wander where they grow in the wild southeast asia somewhere?
Hi Lisa,The exotic world is coming into Wakefield slowly.The Orchids, the bird of paradise, the Asiatic and Oriental Stargazer lillies, the Acer in the pot...
They are more freely available now in shops and nurserys.
Gardening is becoming more global based.I think the British have loved bringing in Exotic plants from all over the Empire, then attempted to grow them in greenhouses.A nation of gardeners!