Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ants Breakfast

I got up early this morning to go outside, and take some outdoor photos.The car park tree that has buckled the concrete has lots of new leaf growth on it.I took a picture of the ants feasting on the new growth.Whether it is very sweet I dont know.
Inside the indoor greenhouse things are growing slowly.The plant closest to flowering is the Asiatic pink lilly. Everything else is weeks or months away from flowering.It is a flower famine at the moment. With my taking lots of photos the main colour is green.So i loved the asiatic lilly buds with a hint of red.
No doubt in the summer there will be a feast of summer flowers to photograph.I will do some painting instead today.I hope all your gardens are growing.I have one more day off before its time to go back to 13 hour days at work.
I have enjoyed my time off, and the blog has had daily updates, several times on some days.

2 comments:

MrBrownThumb said...

Hey David,

You may want to look closer those ants are probably there because of aphids and which are attracted to the new growth.

David (Snappy) said...

Mr Brownthumb thanks for the comment.I thought this morning walking to work its the aphids the ants were attacking.The aphids must be attracted to the sweet new leaf growth.The ants then take the aphids.
It was just a nice photo of the ant on the leafs!