Thursday, April 13, 2006

Thursday 13th April

I went shopping today for a new lawnmower.I spent £38 but never came back with a mower!They were too big and too expensive.I thought about my two year old £20 mower with its plastic blades.It is still working.My last mower lasted ten minutes then broke.
Instead I went looking around focus for new plants for the square border.I found the most beautiful Lilac tree, which my great Aunt gave me money for ages ago.
When i was about 3 or 4 I stood at Hazels house looking at her lilac tree.I was spellbound apparently so when i saw one today I bought it.Thanks Hazel (my Nan's twin sister).
I bought two wallflower plants, and ten Viola Cornuta which have beautiful yellow flowers.
Thats not all i bought.Also some bird seed for my feeders, a bracket and chain for my hanging basket.A black nozzle end for my watering can.A big bag of miracle Gro compost for repotting seedlings etc.
I bought some summer bulbs.The Anemones De Caen, and some Oxalis (forgot to get the free pack as it was two for one).
I have a lot of plants now growing in the garden.I love walking around plant shops looking at flowers, shrubs, roses, tree's, pots, ornaments, gadgets, and gizmo's, summer bulbs, and hanging baskets.
The weather has been unbelievable today.Stormy winds gusting madly shaking the trees, pushing the grass flat, wobbling the fences, rubbish flying around, pots rolling along the floor.
I was going to plant up but the conditions are too nasty.Grass cutting has been put off as it would have flown around and got in my eyes.
The wind was that strong the coal shed top blew open itself, it takes me two hands to pull it up usually.
I wanted weather Icons to put on my posts.I found a few on google images but dont know.
Next decision is where to plant summer bulbs, the anemones and oxalis.The others are going into the square border.I needed some colour instead of just two regrowing rose bushes.

No comments: