Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday night

I read in a newspaper yesterday that April showers is a myth.However to dispute that it has poured down for two days.My new plants need not worry about going dry, the opposite in fact.It is just raining constantly, a little sunshine, then back to rain.There is a cold north easterly blowing too making it freezing!!
First progress report.Six of my busy lizzies have been removed as they appeared to have some kind of rotting disease.Whether they had been overwatered in transit to B&Q.I have removed the diseased ones in a hope of salvaging the ones not effected.I guess its a case of Caveat Emptor (Buyer beware!!).I will be more vigerous in my checking of the plants but they looked fine.
I have tidied the coal shed, found some of last years seeds, and my seed trays.These have been washed, dryed, and stacked ready to go.I also cleaned some containers.
I went into Wilo's after work to peruse the garden stuff.I spent £4 on seeds.Some mini sunflowers, nasturtiums, nemesia's, and the gorgeous morning glory sunrise serenade.
Old roses loves the morning glorys up her chain link fence, but these have ruffled semi double red blooms with white bellys.
I actually wanted the blue,white,and yellow ones, but there you are.Its serendipity.In my seed box from last year are busy lizzies seeds, evening primrose, salvia fire (which i remember failed to germinate at all), and the mysterious packet with MON LAM which i dont know what that is.
Still missing in action are the gladiolus bulbs, and my packets of french marigold seeds.
All this means i might have to revamp the square border.My idea of massed busy lizzies cant happen with 50% of the plants diseased.I will think of what to put with my orange tea roses.
Everything else appears intact from the wind and rain.I walked around in Sallyanne's grey wolf fleece, and my slippers in the rain.Like a doting father checking his off spring.

No comments: