Sunday, October 26, 2008

Roses And Time


The Lady Emma Hamilton with its last flowering Rose. The wind and rain has decimated the other Roses before they could be photographed.
Last night at 2am the clocks went back an hour, another sign of the changing seasons. The end of British Summer time.
The time for the post will be in Greenwich Mean Time. It will stay like that untill March of next year.
The only difficulty is reminding yourself to reset every clock in the house. Time is everywhere. I have a silver mantel clock, a kitchen wall clock, the microwave has a clock, the mobile phone, and finally the Computer. The PC reset itself with no assistance from me.
The sun is shining today and I got up before midday with the light streaming through the curtains. The LEH is still a thing of beauty and this is maybe the twentieth bloom on the plant. I hope it can sleep over the winter and rebloom anew with fresh vigour next year.
Today I hope to make some Jack O Lanterns at Hils for Halloween, only five days away.

1 comment:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

What a gorgeous rose ! .. beautiful picture of it as well : )
We haven't set our time back yet (Canada) .. I think we are all a bit confused in North America with it all .. and YES .. what a chore to set all of the clocks in the house .. I have to stop my big grandfather clock wich always makes me nervous .. poor Big Ben !
It would be great to see your pumpkins when they are finished David !