Saturday, October 18, 2008

Light On The Wings


Its finally a day off for me after the noise and chaos of work at the hospital. My camera batterys have gone flat so they are recharging now.
The photo is of one of the few Butterfly photos I took in the garden. This Butterfly had beautiful burnt orange wings with black, white, and yellow colours.
It alighted on the Teasel for a few seconds. The colour patterns are like holograms and change according to the light on the wings.
The Butterflys have gone now, and the Teasels have gone all brown and dried. I think I will use the Teasels as dried flowers in the house.They are so tactile the seed heads, and you can make them vibrate like a comb. I have not seen any Goldfinches feeding on them yet.
I replenished the bird seed on the bird table, and in the black tray on the paving slabs. I saw a few birds flying around the garden. The flowers are nearly finished, and a lot of leaves are getting discoloured before they will fall to the floor.
My weekend will be spent tidying the garden up and weeding the allotment beds that have plants growing in them. I wander if the Broadbeans have germinated yet.
More photos soon once the batterys have been recharged.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Hi Snappy, Hope the batteries are charged. I took my camera this morning and spend a couple of minutes wondering why it wasn't working only to discover I hadn't put the card back in it from when I took it out yesterday! Bob.