Thursday, October 16, 2008

Lilac Splashes


These Geraniums have had a second flush of growth along with the Roses. They have flower buds like Poppies that burst open into these fruity lilac coloured flowers.
These were visited by the Bees lots during the summer.The little splashes of purple are nice colour in a garden that is returning to its green state.
These were originally in the garden, remnants from planting years ago.
The ghostly gardener (who built the raised beds and planted the Viburnum Tinus years ago) would approve.

5 comments:

CanadianGardenJoy said...

That is a very pretty geranium!
I'll be looking for it next year so I can have some of those little hits of colour in my garden as well : ) Thanks !

Anonymous said...

Having 5 minutes at work again lol so I thought I'd give your blog the once over. The geraniums are beautiful david. I will have to get into the garden and look at them before they disappear. Will see you in the morning when I call round before going to bed:)

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

Those geraniums are such a pretty color, a bit of cheerfulness to color a fading garden.

Anonymous said...

hello my david.sat here with sexy cat,just had 5 to catch up with strictly.. will look at the rest of the blog now. goodnight.. xx fran

Anonymous said...

love the page david. Keep it up always
JO E x