Monday, October 27, 2008

Autumn Night And Day


A gorgeous Phalaenopsis Orchid from Hils last night. I showed Tom (Cats son) how to make a Jack O Lantern.
We made two lanterns for Halloween, in between eating a roast beef dinner.
I went to the allotment today for a while.I pulled the Runner Bean frame down, turned the soil, and pulled up a few vegetables for dinner later..
Baby Parnips, two Leeks, Radishes, Cabbages, and some Chantonay Carrots from the garden.
The Strawberry bed needs to be dug and the wood I claimed today to make some edges for it.
The sun was shining, but it was quite chilly.All the trees are showing autumnal hues, with fiery colours of red, orange, and yellow. A perfect Autumns day on my week off from work.

1 comment:

Barbarapc said...

Hope you kept the pumkin seeds to toast! Just picked up the candy for the ghosts and goblins - we should be getting about 65 or so. That orchid is a stunner.