I have just planted three more seed trays and moved the windowsill plants around again.I know I have green blood because who else would grow this many plants in a flat with three windowsills?
The indoor greenhouse is full.I am formulating plans for when the seedlings have grown on a bit.I need more shelves with lots of space for small 3" pots...
To measure my madness here is a list of whats growing on, in Snappys flat:
1) Nicotiana evening fragrance
2) Echinacea Lustre hybrid
3) Convolvulus Blue Ensign
4) Thunbergia Salmon Shades
5) Snapdragon Madam Butterfly
6) Viola Midnight Runner
7) Snapdragon Braun Blaquetii
That is seven seed trays, now with cute greenhouse lids.Im hoping the steady temperature and moisture will help germinate the seeds. The Nicotiana have already germinated a few weeks ago.
Ok, you think seven seed trays is slightly crazy.Theres more plants and bulbs:
8)Impatients Carousel Mix, seeds in two pots.
9) Stargazer lilly in rectangular glass vase...just soil so far.
10) Datura Ballerin, seeds in two pots.
11) Lavatera, An experimental seed from Sonia's house
12) Gazanias growing on, twenty four plants.
13) Aqualegia Purple Empereor photographed earlier.
14) Pink Asiatic lilly bulb in soil, in pink pot
15) My orchid bulbs, Bletilla Striata
The madness ends with my house plants, Bird of Paradise, Three mother in laws tongue (one grown up one, and two off shoots), my easter cactus, the red/yellow flowered Primula, and Six cactus.
Over Twenty species of plants in a small one bedroom flat.:)
Once they have grown on and im over ran with pots and plants I will give them away to friends and colleagues. I will also go to the plant stall with Hils raising money for charity.I think she grows many more than me but she has two greenhouses.
I guess if some good comes from my passion then its all good. Once gardening gets into your blood it stays for a long time.