Friday, July 10, 2009

Birthday And Butterflys


I have finished my night shifts this morning. The sun has been shining today. This is the first butterfly that I have been able to photograph in the new garden.
This one alighted on the Hebe bush with the fluffy purple flowers. I do not know what kind it is.
I read that the numbers of Painted Lady butterflys spotted in the UK has boomed this year.They have flown all the way from Spain.
I saw a baby House Sparrow this morning sat in our Apple tree singing to its parents to feed it!
I have a few days off now to take more photos and watch the birds..
Its Cats birthday today...Happy Birthday to you.....

3 comments:

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Quite a luck to come across butterflies especially in my plot!...

Lesley said...

I don't know you Cat, but Happy Birthday! :)

Georgina said...

Happy birfday Cat :)