Thursday, June 22, 2006

Frosch Konig!!



some of my frogs.I was reading about peoples garden frogs.The german frogs have crowns on them.Fairytales they remind me of, frogs turning into princes.Its funny how they made it into the garden.Gnome like creatures i guess.From our european pagan past which still is part of our cultures, deeply engrained like weeds roots.Very hard to get rid off.

The links are: http://redlupin.blogspot.com/2006/06/my-frogs.html

And http://sigrunsgarden.blogspot.com/2006/06/king-of-frogs.html

I have seen people on blogs collect tea cups and saucers from various european potteries, hostas, etc.My collection of frogs started when i was younger.I bought a few then everybody thought i collected them and it escalated.There are hundreds around the house.Too many to display so the photos are of the ones that i could find.

This blogging also expands my language skills.I guessed on Sigruns blog it meant frog king in German.I wish i could have the gardening skill of Carol, or Sigrun who must be master gardeners because their gardens are so Idyllic.

I post my pictures and musings and hope they are as entertaining as theirs.I have smaller garden with less plants.Its a work in progress which fills me with joy.

I have been working hard so the gardens been free to grow without me interfering.I have two days off now so expect more photos and words.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! This cracked me up. OK, now I'll have to do a post about the cement frog in my garden--it has a long history.

David (Snappy) said...

cant wait Claire to read about your cement frog.Hopefully not a godfather style execution burying the amphibian in freshly laid concrete!!

Sigruns German Garden said...

He Snappy, do you meen me? I collect teapots and strainers, and cups and flowers and and and ... :-))

Sigrun

David (Snappy) said...

Yes Sigrun, you have nice collection of things Hosta's and cups etc.Its nice to share these things..:-))