Friday, August 28, 2009

Snug As A Bug


The sun is shining today but the rain continues to fall. One of the birds Sunflowers was beginning to open today. I took a photo and discovered an insect nestling within the folds of the petals. Pretty much dry..as snug as a bug in a rug!
He will get to taste the nectar within the flower and stay dry.
I spent five hours at the plot yesterday clearing the back edge and the front edge. There is still twenty feet left to clear.
Once the mammoth clearance has finished I can then try to plan the layout of the beds and the position of the shed, compost bins, and water butts....
My hands have been callused, blistered, and I have sweated lots. I try to remember that clearing the allotment is the most exhausting part of the process. The fun is planting, tending, harvesting, and finally eating the Veg.
I'm back to work today so the clearance stops for five days now. I will admire the garden between night shifts with a cup of coffee in the morning before bed.
The camera has begun to get a bit dodgy with the mechanisms sticking and not moving properly. I will have to start looking soon for a new camera. The camera is my eye to the garden for this blog...

No comments: