Thursday, August 06, 2009

Ladybird Poppies


The Ladybird Poppies from the plant stall have flowered now. They were small plants when I got them. They have been grown on, then planted in the right hand border.
They have lovely red petals with black spots in the middle of the petal.
The garden has lots of flowers. Roses, Gladiolus, Geraniums, Violas, Pansys, Cleomes, Snapdragons...
Its going to be nice today so I am going to the allotment. To plant some Leeks and do more clearing of the grasses and weeds.
We are planning on visiting the home of English Roses, the David Austin Rose centre near Wolverhampton.
That will hopefully be on Saturday when its forecast dry down there. Its going to be good..

1 comment:

Autumn Belle said...

This is the first time I have ever seen such a flower. Really look like a ladybird. Actually, when I first saw your post title, I was looking for a ladybird!