Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Floral Sunshine



My coloured floral sunshine on the windowsill, salmon coloured Geraniums. The Streptocarpus are the only other plants in flower....

The busy lizzys and Fuschias have done appallingly. I think the direct lack of sunlight hampered their flowering.

The BBC this morning reported that the people happiest with a warm april, and heavy rain were apple growers. Im going to Harrogate for a flower show on friday where there will be a display of apples there.

I have slowed down my blog posts too, due to work and lack of energy. Maybe I need more direct sunlight as well. I spent today cleaning up and sorting out the plants.The ones growing in the kitchen seem to be doing better than the rest of the flat. I wandered if the occasional window opening discourages the black mould spores that the rain brought out....

The slug population has increased exponentially with the damp wet conditions from June to August. The hot dry weather will hopefully restore the balance. I bet they have decimated a fair few plants and veg.

September is a month for reflection, for working out what worked, what failed, and what new things you might try next. The gardens I have seen look like they have a hang over from the rioting party of Summer. Spring bulbs can be bought now ready for planting when the first frosts comes.The seasons continue to turn in their annual cycle.I am waiting for the leaves to turn colour so I can photograph Autumn colours :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful flower. Sara from farmingfriends

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks Sara, glad you liked the colour.I usually only manage to grow Red flowers on geraniums so its good that its a salmon colour.
Gotta love geraniums for their flowers and pungent leaves.