Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Red Flowers Today


The Entrance hall has been home to my three Geranium plants that I bought months ago. Only one has flowered so far. Deep blood red flowers..

A mortuary plant rescue for ten pence from B&Q in Cheltenham. The Red flowering New Guinea Impatients. These were in evidence a lot growing in Pots outside front doors in Cheltenham. I like the Dark coloured leaves and the contrasting flowers are bright..
A Celosia Plumosa, rescued from the Mortuary shelf at Hampsons Nursery in Wakefield. The leaves were limp as it had dried out. It looks fairly healthy now in comparison to its poor state when I got it. The small Yellow ones died though from Shock. Two reds, and a pink one remain.
The Busy lizzie Glowing Embers, planted around the Red Lobelia. The plants have bushed out massively, to the detriment of the Viola midnight runner which still have not flowered. The Impatiens plants are only now beginning to flower in shades of pinks and reds. There are many buds about to open soon too..

The Red Lobelia in Flower. I love the shape of these Flowers like red birds, the USA having a Red bird called a Cardinal that I have seen on other blogs. It is about four foot tall the plant with the red flowers growing from the main stem.I got it from the Walton Village plant stall. The red flowers again :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are thay all from your garden and green fingers?
Lovely.

Kerri said...

It's nice to catch up with you Snappy. You've got some lovely blooms. I love the red lobelia and that Streptocarpus Nerys is very pretty. I've never seen it before. I'm glad you're finally back in the daylight to enjoy the flowers!

lisa said...

Wow! I love the reds...you are lucky to have so many great blooms indoors, goes to show that you can't keep a good gardener down, even if he doesn't have a garden! Keep up the great work!

Dirty Fingernails said...

what a great thing you are doing by rescuing flowers from the mortuary.. Any from patients room? ;) lol

David (Snappy) said...

Hi Britt,They are all growing inside the flat on the windowsills and sides.I need a garden soon...
Thanks Kerry,I am enjoying the daylight after the nights.Glad you like the Streptocarpus..
Lisa, Thanks for your kind words.I so much need some soil to grow plants in.The plants and flowers would be magnificent!
Dirty Fingernails,The Mortuary Shelf is where half dead or damaged plants get sold for a nominal price.You rescue them and try to revive them back to health!