Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Return from the jewel of northern england

thats a off quote from braveheart about York, ransacked by William Wallace a few hundred years ago.We enjoyed three days of sunshine, and breezy weather.We caught a tan.Alas we mever went to see any public gardens, but i got lots of photos of wild flowers and from peoples gardens.
When i got back i walked around surveying the garden.Not much had changed really.My french marigolds are developing flower buds from under the black spot.The lettuces have grown one fat leaf!!
I trimmed the grass edges of the square border, and veggie patch.I watered everything.I trimmed the silver leaved cinnereria which was hanging over the log effect border.I trimmed the forsythia to a nicer size, more compact.
Its a case now of just waiting, and watching.More photos soon....

1 comment:

OldRoses said...

I can't wait for the pictures. I just love other people's gardens. Even more than public gardens. Does that make me nosy?