Monday, July 11, 2011

Black Knight Meets A Comma



The first Butterfly of the year that I have managed to photograph landed today on the Black Knight Buddleja.Its common name is the Butterfly Bush.I think it is a Comma butterfly.

I saw it fly around before it alighted on the honey scented flowers.This plant has driven the Bee's mad.They get chilled out drinking the nectar.It is always surrounded by flying insects.

I watered the pots tonight, and gave the Tomato plants some liquid feed.These Tomato's have grown really well this year, so im hoping for a bumper crop.

I went to Hampsons today and bought some poetic plaque signs for the garden,three bags of compost for potting up plants,and a little stone Buddha for the outside table.

The Great Yorkshire Show starts tomorrow at the Yorkshire Show Grounds in Harrogate.I will be there on Thursday with Cat.I love the farm animals and the horses you can see around the grounds.It is the biggest agricultural show in England and a fabulous day out.

I hope that I will take more Butterfly photos.They are lovely insects to tempt into our wildlife friendly garden.

No comments: