Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Celebration

One of the unknown Roses is now in flower. I think it is a Rose Golden Celebration. The Rose is a lovely deep lemon yellow colour with a slight rose fragrance. It is blooming now, whereas all the David Austins have stopped flowering and have succumbed to various plant illnesses.

It has the look of a Tea Rose when its buds start to unfurl its yellow petals. I think last year it only had one Rose on it. This year it has a half dozen rose buds. The leaves are also a nice green colour with no black spot or yellowing leaves.
I have been looking at the garden birds today. A family of Goldfinches are now regular visitors to the nijer seed and have also been feeding on the ground. The Blue Tits have also found my new peanut feeder. The round cage seems to attract them, more than the yellow sunflower shaped one which had no where for the birds to land on.
The Great Yorkshire Show starts today. We will be travelling tomorrow to Harrogate to the Yorkshire Showground. I will charge my camera batteries later.
There is a flower tent at this years show. I will take lots of animal photos. I hope it does not rain too much.

No comments: