Thursday, March 04, 2010

Crocus Colours

The Crocuses outside are flowering en masse now. They are like beautiful jewels growing in the grass. The colour of the flowers draws your eyes to them. From our front window they form a colourful line on our side of the grass. The brilliant orange/yellow flowers stand out..

These look like Eggs that have been split open, with the yellow yoke like stamen inside..

The last flower has a gorgeous purple velvet colour. It has not quite opened yet. The sun has been shining, and the sky has been blue. Its been cold though. I needed my scarf to walk around Newmiller Dam today with Cat.
I have been relaxing between work shifts. I want it to warm up a bit so I can get to the allotment. Its my birthday tomorrow the fifth of March..
We are still waiting for a completion date on the new house. I cannot make any garden plans untill we are moved in.
I will blog lots from the new garden as we may have new internet so more than one computer!

2 comments:

Kelly Rhoades said...

Beautiful! I have spring fever, but after 2 days and a total of 6 inches of snow, it's going to be awhile.

silverseason said...

After weeks of snow and gray days I went outside on Sunday and found ONE yellow crocus blooming by the chimney. Not a lovely cluster like yours, but a hopeful sign just the same.