Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Crocus Bud


From the garden today a brown/orange Crocus flower bud poised to open.Last year these struggled to open as they were eaten and deflated.
I hope the cold weather has killed the pests off that have been eating them.
They are so beautifully wrapped up the flower buds.They do remind me of exotic cuban cigars!
The days are getting lighter earlier and the temperature is rising slowly.the garden is showing signs of growth.Buds are swelling and new leaves are being formed.
The Daffodils, Tulips. Hyacinths, Bluebells, and Anemones are all growing really well.
I hope they flower nicely for me to photograph them.Its nice to have plants growing that you can go out to look at to see if they have grown since you last looked..

3 comments:

Lesley said...

The warmth we had yesterday really brought the plants on!

The field-mice feast on our crocus but I can't really complain because I love to watch them all Summer. :)

VW said...

What an interesting crocus. None of my bulbs are growing yet, though a few delphiniums have green shoots (dumb plants, they'll probably get frozen and die in the next few weeks). Good luck avoiding the pests - VW

Bren Haas said...

I am sooo Jealous of your first bloom!!! I can't wait to see some green in my neck of the woods.
warm wishes... stop by my blog sometime dear friend.