Sunday, October 14, 2007

What you love the most in Autumn


The Sycamore Tree growing in the Car park through the asphalt. I noticed there are four trunks growing up. They looked like the council have coppiced them, as in cutting the top layer off so they have grown up with long thin branches covered in leaves. You can see the Brewery wall and the sky contrasting to the Autumnal Leaves.
As I walk around I am looking at the Tree's, watching the change of colours. From a Few odd coloured leaves it has changed gradually to Yellows, browns, and reds.The human eye loves to pick out the bright colours.It is indeed the joys of Nature.
Even as Summer fades the Autumn Arboreal Fireworks of leaves holds our attention. In places of many tree's people travel from miles to see the colours.
I think Autumn tree's would be great for painting and photographing. I must work out where the closest Arboreum is with lots of tree's.
These Trees are just what happens to be outside the Flat window so I have looked at it often!
My favourite tree is the Silver Birch. If I ever get a large Garden I will plant two or three of them for their whispering leaves, ornate white brak, and calming influence.
I hope you can all link your Fall pictures to me so I can see through your eyes what you love most about Autumn.

4 comments:

Digital Flower Pictures said...

The fall colors haven't been great here this year. On a good year it can be spectacular mostly because of the Acer genus.

David (Snappy) said...

Its early though Chris, maybe the Fall colour will come late.They say its good here because of the very wet summer we have had.I love Acers but i just cannot grow them at all.I have gone through three so far.They look spectacular but my green fingers are not eastern enough :)

Digital Flower Pictures said...

I don't think they grow as well and as plentiful in England as in New England. If you are interested I answered your question about keeping track of the plant names when shooting pictures on the rose post.

David (Snappy) said...

Thanks for Answering my comment about the plant names.I need a bigger memory card as i can hold about 339 photos on the one i have!
Acers can grow well in England if they are in Sheltered spots.Love the Elephants Ear!