Thursday, April 06, 2006

progress report

Remember before i had been dreaming over winter about the summer garden.When i got to the plant place it went out of the window.I walked around looking at colours, shapes, textures, with some imaginary pallette inside my head.
I instinctively bought with the past two years Caveat's in my head.So plants that died rapidly or did not do well in my thick sodden clay soil were out.
The bought plant list reads a mixture of old and new.Some old fav's that mum grew in her garden.The new ones are experemental, see what grows, what survives slug attack....
The new plants bought today are:
1) 24 busy lizzies
2) 3 rose bush plants (two yellow, one white)
3) 2 lavender plants
4) One purple eurphorbia plant
5) one cottage pink plant
6) Two gorgeous Aubrieta's
7) 12 red faced winter pansys
8) 24 Snapdragon plants
9) 12 Erisimum plants
10) two foxglove plants (one white,one pink)
11) 12 forgot me not plants

I also bought a new baby cactus, a delicious white/pink flowered african violet, and some busy lizzie seeds.I grow them every year.Even though i have 24 plants to put into the ground.
It took me three hours to sort out the soil and plant most of them.
Seventy one plants planted.I need to get watering twice a day, and lay down slug pellets.Some photos to follow.Want to suprise people with the full summer effect.

No comments: